PARK STAFF & OFFICE LOCATION
Bowl Canyon Recreation Area
PO Box 2520
Window Rock, AZ. 86515
T : 928-871-6647
F : 928-871-6637
General questions : email
Park Manager email
Contact Window Rock Central Office to obtain camping & hiking permits.
The lake at Camp Asaayi has been restocked in on May 5, 2011 by Navajo Fish & Wildlife. Free Fishing Day is June 12, 2011.
LAWS & POLICIES
Unlawful carrying of deadly weapon T.17 - Section 320
A. Offense. A person commits unlawful carrying of a deadly weapon if he or she carries a loaded firearm or any other type of deadly weapon.
B. Exceptions. Subsection (A) of this section shall not apply to any of the following:
1. To peace officers in the lawful discharge of their duties;
2. To persons in private motor vehicle or other means of conveyance, for lawful protection of the person's or another's person or property, while traveling and such weapon is located in a closed trunk, luggage, or glove compartment of a motor vehicle;
3. To a person in his or her residence, or on real property belonging to such person as owner, lessee, tenant, or licensee;
4. To a person or persons carrying or discharging a firearm as an integral part of any traditional Navajo religious practice, ceremony, or service;
5. To persons engaged in the hunting of game or predatory animals;
6. The Chief Prosecutor of the Navajo Nation or employee of the Office of the Prosecutor of the Navajo Nation authorized by the Chief Prosecutor to acquire personnel protection device.
C. Sentence. Any person found guilty of unlawfully carrying a deadly weapon shall be sentenced to imprisonment for a term not to exceed 180 days, or be ordered to pay a fine not to exceed $500, or both.