Contestants, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: Download Art Contest Rules & Entry Form
1) Complete the Entry Form and submit with your artwork.
2) Contestants’ name and age MUST be written carefully on the back side of the artwork. This step is important, as your entry form and mailing envelope will be separated from your artwork.
3) Your Entry Form should NOT be attached to the artwork. No tape, no staples, no glue, no paper clips!
4) Mail-in entries will NOT be returned to the contestant: MONUMENT VALLEY BALLOON EVENT plans to display the artwork at the ARTSCO, Inc. establishment and will be used as a promotional item.
5) Give your artwork a creative title.
6) Note that Mail-in entries can be any size you wish, and created using any materials.
7) We strongly advise inserting a sturdy piece of cardboard into the package to keep it from getting bent. Write ‘DO NOT BEND’ on the outside of your package, front and back, with large writing.
Snail Mail your entry form and artwork to the following one of the two locations:
Monument Valley Trading Post (Attention: Latonna Atene)
PO Box 360457
Monument Valley, Utah 84536
Sacred Canyon Lodge
PO Box 548
Chinle, AZ 86503
(You can also drop off your artwork at this location)
ART CONTEST RULES:
1) Submitted artwork must be your original creation.
2) No tracing of others’ artwork.
3) The MONUMENT BALLOON EVENT Art Contest ends on December 4, 2015. All entries must be received no later than December 4, 2015.
4) Entries must be submitted using the guidelines stated
5) All contestants will be required to agree to the Art Contest Terms & Conditions in order to enter.
6) Art Theme – Native American Culture and Tradition
7) All contestants must register for this contest by entering their name, email, age, name of school and mailing address, and agreeing to the terms and conditions of the contest.
8) The Art Contest will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by ARTSCO, INC.
9) By entering this Contest, each contestant consents to the use of his/her name, and/or artwork in any merchandise, advertisements, educational materials or publicity carried out or produced by MONUMENT BALLOON EVENT and its advertising and promotional agencies without further notice or compensation. MONUMENT BALLOON EVENT may be publish or decline to publish, or use or decline to use, any submitted artwork at MONUMENT BALLOON EVENT sole discretion. In turn, the contestant still retains the rights to use and publish their artwork.
10) Prizes are as follows:
□ Grand Prize Art Contest Winner will receive $500
□ Sponsor’s Choice will receive $500
□ One Poster Winner will receive $500
□ 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place *Winners in each Grade Level: K – 12
- lst Prize Art Contest will receive $100.
- 2nd Prize Art Contest will receive $50.
- 3ri Prize Art Contest will receive $25.
- *Note: 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prize will be awarded in each Grade Level: K-12
Monument Valley Contest winners will be announced December 11, 2015. Canyon de Chelly Contest winners will be announced December 11, 2015 and also will be acknowledged on the navajonationparks.org website. Winners will be awarded on December 12, 2015.
11) Selected winning pieces will become the property of ARTSCO, INC. and will not be returned.
12) Navajo Parks & Recreation Department and ARTSCO, INC. assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, illegible, incomplete, postage-due, garbled or misdirected entries or entries that have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy the Contest Rules or for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the contest.
13) The personal data collected for this Contest will not be used for any other purposes unless entrants provide explicit permission as indicated on the entry form.
ARTSCO INC. collects your personal information for the purposes of registration, program evaluation and to keep you informed about The Contest.
14) Art Contest participants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules if they participate in the Contest.
15) Visit navajonationparks.org to enter the MONUMENT BALLOON EVENT Art Contest, by printing the entry form and submitting your artwork.